It's not perfect and "perfection" should never be my goal, but I finally did some drawings tonight that I am somewhat proud of and actually compelled to show people. I never willingly show my work but I figure, hey, its only you guys seeing it so... :)
I've been sick since friday when I had about an hour and a half of sleep the night before because I was finishing up a project that my teacher said was "nice" and "pretty" but that sucks. I don't want nice and pretty. Nice and pretty is forgettable. Everyone can do nice and pretty. Anyways, I just got super super down and depressed emotionally and was physically sick so this weekend has just sucked. I was supposed to get this assignment done on friday night but i did absolutely no homework until now and thank GOD for giving me the energy and enthusiasm to get this bit done. Now I just need fuel to burn through the last 3 weeks. PLEASE LORD HELP ME!!
*and don't pay any attention to the male figures...eh... aw man...i feel self conscious already...
It's beautiful, Joce! I love the dresses, especially the contrasted florally/patternny - nes of the first one. And the straps and face on the second! Fierce! It's not pretty or nice! haha. Don't feel self-conscious, at least not about these.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your crappy weekend. It sucks only getting a litt-o bitt-o sleep, but I know God's working through you in these desperate times.
I believe in you and your talent! Keep up the excellente work :D
Get some rest ASAP!
You should really consider posting all of your pieces. I mean, I think we'd all really enjoy seeing all of your work. This is actually a great way to share don'tcha think?
ReplyDeleteIn three weeks, you'll be back in Hawaii, in mama's arms, with the diamond head within hands reach. You're almost there. Call me anytime sista. I'll take you there with words if three weeks sounds too long.
Love that imagery, Chari! Even though it's not meant for me haha. Just thought I'd let you know.
ReplyDeleteI agree - post as much stuff as you can cause we find it very inspiring :) I love looking at your work, and I always save it to my computer...please don't sue me.